I live together with my wife and our two daughters in the beautiful Odenwald in a small town located in the southern part of Hesse. I studied Business Information Technology at the University of Mannheim and graduated with a diploma (Diplom-Wirtschaftsinformatiker) in 2006. Since then I have been working as a consultant, trainer, and software engineer.
I love IT. That's why I also love writing Open Source software and learn about new and emerging technologies in my spare time. When I'm not engaged in IT-related things, I enjoy working in my garden, I love to go hiking, swimming, and running, and I like learning not only programming languages but also foreign languages. Currently, I am venturing into the world of music making with a digital audio workstation.
I work as a trainer, consultant, developer, and project manager at Trivadis Germany in Mannheim. In my job as a software engineer in a consulting company, I have the opportunity to work in a wide range of different projects. Most of these projects are about building some sort of web application for the customer.
I also often work with legacy code from the customer where it is my task to either modernize the code base and make it maintainable or migrate the code to newer technologies.
These are the main technologies I'm working with most of the time:
- Atlassian Tools: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket
- Atlassian SDK: I also write plugins for Jira and Confluence
- IntelliJ, GitKraken
- Maven, Gradle, Git
- Jakarta EE, Spring, Spring Boot, GWT, JSF, Vaadin
- JUnit 5, Mockito
The following list provides an excerpt of the kinds of projects I worked with in the past.
- Oracle SOA web services for a customer from the chemical industry. Technologies used: Oracle DB, PL/SQL, WebLogic AS, Java EE, C# and Microsoft Silverlight on the front end, Gradle
- Modernize a legacy project: migrate from JBoss Seam to Jakarata EE, replace obsolete and partly manual Ant-based build process with a fully automated Maven build. Technologies used: Wildfly AS, PostgreSQL DB, Jakarta EE, Maven, JSF, Hibernate
- Build a modern, responsive web shop for a customer from the process automation industry. Technologies used: GWT, OData RESTful APIs for integrating an SAP back end, Spring, Maven, Hibernate
- Maintain and develop a number of custom Jira and Confluence plugins for various customers. Maintain and develop an own Confluence plugin sold on the Atlassian marketplace.
- Reimplementation of an outdated job portal based on PHP. Technologies used: Groovy, Grails, Gradle, Spring, MySQL
I run training courses on a wide range of topics. These courses either take place at the customer's site or in our local facilities in Mannheim.
I cover the following topics:
- Atlassian Bitbucket
- Apache Maven
- Apache Subversion
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Clean Code and Software Craftmanship
- Effective Java
- Design Patterns with Java
- Apache Tomcat (discontinued)
- Vaadin 7 (discontinued)
|2011 - today||Senior consultant at Trivadis Germany (formerly Orientation in Objects GmbH)|
|2007 - 2011||Software Engineer at Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH|
|2006||Diploma in Business Information Technology (Master-level degree); University of Mannheim, Germany|
|2005||Six-month internship at Volume Graphics GmbH|
|1998 - 2006||Studies of Business Information Technology with an emphasis on Computer Science; University of Mannheim, Germany|
Technologies I'm currently using
|Frameworks and APIs||Spring FrameworkJakarta EEJUnit 4, 5MockitoVaadinGWTJSFJSPHibernateQueryDSLLiquibaseJOOQJMXAtlassian SDK|
|Concepts||OOA/OOD/OOPUMLDesign PatternsSoftware CraftsmanshipRefactoringRefactoring Legacy CodeTDDUnit Testing|
|Software||IntelliJAtlassian JiraAtlassian ConfluenceAtlassian BitbucketAtlassian BambooApache TomcatNagios/IcingaMySQLPostgreSQLOracle Database|
Technologies I used to work with
I have used the following skills and technologies in past projects or have worked with them for some time in the past. Therefore, my knowledge of these technologies is no longer up-to-date.
|Programming, query, and markup languages||PerlPascalC/C++C#Tcl/OTclPHPDocBookLatex|
|Frameworks and APIs||GrailsOpenGLQtOSGiSilverlightSwing|
|Software||EclipseVisual StudioOracle WebLogicJBoss AS|
- German - Native speaker
- English - Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Swedish - Good working knowledge
- French - Basic communication skills
How to get in touch with me:
You can also find me on my other profiles: